- Ph.D. – Statistics – Rice University, Houston TX – Thesis: Functional Data Classification and Covariance Estimation (PDF) – May 2009
- M.S. – Mathematics – University of Arkansas at Little Rock, Little Rock AR – May 2004
- B.S. – Finance – Wuhan University, Wuhan, P.R. China – July 2002
Awards & Honors
- Travel Award, The Sixth International Workshop on Statistical Analysis of Neuronal Data (SAND6), 2012
- Travel Award, CBMS Regional Conference - Bayesian Nonparametric Statistical
- The SBSS Student Paper Competition and Travel Award, ASA, 2008
- Graduate Fellowship and Teaching/Research Assistantship, Rice University, 2004 – 2008
- Outstanding Achievement by Graduate Student, Univ. of Arkansas, Little Rock, 2004
- Graduate Assistantship, University of Arkansas, Little Rock, 2002 – 2004
- Institute of Mathematical Statistics
- American Statistical Association, Eastern North American Region (ENAR)
- The International Biometric Society
- Methods of Statistical Computing, Spring 2013
- Applied Multivariate Analysis, Fall 2012
- Bayesian Methods for High Dimensional Data
- Functional Data Analysis
- Statistical Machine Learning
- Applications in Medicine, Genetics, Epidemiology and Neuroscience
- Zhu, H., Yao, F. and Zhang, H. H. Structured functional additive regression in reproducing kernel Hilbert spaces, accepted by Journal of the Royal Statistical Society: Series B.
- Zhu, H., Dunson, D. and Strawn, N. Bayesian graphical models for multivariate functional data, in submission.
- Wu, X. and Zhu, H. Bayesian Analysis of Array CGH Data, in submission.
- Zhu, H., Brown, P. J. and Morris, J. S. (2011) Robust, adaptive functional regression in functional mixed model framework, Journal of the American Statistical Association CTheory and Methods 106 (495) 1167-1179.
- Zhu, H., Brown, P. J. and Morris, J. S. (2012) Robust classification of functional and quantitative image data using functional mixed models, Biometrics.
- Zhu, H., Vannucci, M. and Cox, D. D. (2009) A Bayesian Hierarchical Model for Classification with Selection of Functional Predictors, Biometrics 66 463-473.
- Wei, F. and Zhu, H. (2012) Group coordinate descent algorithms for nonconvex penalized regression, Computational Statistics and Data Analysis 56 316-326.
- Zhu, H. and Cox, D. D. (2009) A Functional Generalized Linear Model with Curve Selection in Cervical Pre-Cancer Diagnosis using Fluorescence Spectroscopy, Optimality: The Third Erich L. Lehmann Symposium 57 173-189.
403-H Hutcheson Hall
250 Drillfield Drive
Blacksburg, VA 24061