Collegiate Assistant Professor
- 2014 – Ph.D. in Statistics, Virginia Tech, (Advisor: Inyoung Kim)
- 2010 – M.S. in Statistics, Virginia Tech,
- 2005 – M.S. in Statistics, Cairo University, Egypt
- 1996 – B.S. in Statistics, Cairo University, Egypt
- 2017-present Collegiate Assistant Professor, Virginia Tech
- 2015-present Assistant Professor, Assiut University, Egypt
- 2015/2016 Adjunct Professor, Ahram Canadian University, Egypt
- 2014/2015 Visiting Assistant Professor, Virginia Tech
Awards & Honors
- Nominated for Graduate Teaching Excellence - Instructor of Record Award - at Virginia Tech by the statistics department - 2014
- Jesse C. Arnold Award for Teaching Excellence, Statistics Department, Virginia Polytechnic Institute and State University, 2012-2013 academic year
- Travel Fund Award, GSA Travel Fund Program (TFP), Virginia Tech Fall 2014
- Inducted into Mu Sigma Rho: National Statistical Honor Society – Virginia Tech chapter, Fall 2011.
- American Statistical Association (ASA)
- International Biometric Society, Eastern North American Region (ENAR)
- STAT 2004 Introductory Statistics, Fall 2014, Spring 2015 and Spring 2018
- STAT 3005 Statistical Methods I, Spring 2013
- STAT 3006 Statistical Methods II, Fall 2013
- STAT 3615 Biological Statistics, Fall 2014, Spring 2015 and Spring 2018
- STAT 4204/5204G Experimental Designs: Concept and Applications, Spring 2018
- STAT 4514/5514G Contingency Table Analysis, Spring 2015
- Semi/nonparametric regression models
- Change point(s) detection
- Environmental statistics
- Spatial/spatio-temporal analysis
Refereed Journal Articles
- H.F.F. Mahmoud (2018), "Simultaneous Change Points Detection Approach with an Application on Chicago Mortality Data", Journal of Applied Probability and Statistics, accepted.
- H.F.F. Mahmoud, I. Kim and H. Kim (2016), "Semiparametric Single Index Multi-Change Points Model with an Application of Environmental Health Study on Mortality and Temperature", Environmetrics, Volume 27, Issue 8, pp. 494-506.
- H.F.F. Mahmoud and A.R. Zahran (2005), "Bayesian Estimation of Variance Components in 3-Fold Nested mixed Model Using Gibbs Sampling", The Proceedings of the 17th Annual Conference of Statistics Department, Faculty of Economic and Political Sciences, Cairo University, Egypt, pp. 123-140.