- Ph.D. Iowa State University, Statistics (Major Prof.: Dr. William Q. Meeker) 08/2009
- M.S. Iowa State University, Statistics (Major Prof.: Dr. William Q. Meeker) 12/2005
- B.S. University of Science and Technology of China (USTC), Statistics (Major Prof.: Dr. Baiqi Miao) 07/2004
Awards & Honors
- NISS/ASA Best y-BIS Paper Award, ISBIS 06/2012
An award sponsored by National Institute of Statistical Sciences and the American Statistical Association to recognize young statisticians in business and industry
- DuPont Young Professor Award, DuPont 06/2011
- The Zaffarano Prize for Graduate Student Research, Iowa State University 04/2010
An award to recognize superior performance in publishable research by an ISU graduate
- George W. Snedecor Award in Statistics, Iowa State University 04/2007
Awarded each year to the most outstanding Ph.D. candidate in the Department of Statistics
- Holly C. & E. Beth Fryer Award in Statistics, Iowa State University 08/2006
Awarded each year to a top graduate student for the third year of study in the Ph.D. program
- Graduate Research Excellence Award, Iowa State University 08/2009
- The Laha Travel Award to the Joint Statistical Meetings, Institute of Mathematical Statistics 08/2009
- Student Travel Award, the 2008 Spring Research Conference on Statistics in Industry and Technology, Atlanta, GA 05/2008
- Alumni Scholarship, Iowa State University 08/2004
- Excellent Undergraduate Thesis Award, USTC 07/2004
- Excellent Undergraduate Research Program Award, USTC 01/2004
- Associate Editor for Technometrics, 2013-2016 (term)
- Linear Models Theory (Stat 5124, Spring 2013)
- Reliability and Survival Analysis (Stat 5454, Fall 2012)
- Linear Models Theory (Stat 5124, Spring 2012)
- Longitudinal Data Analysis (Stat 5594, Fall 2011)
- Linear Models Theory (Stat 5124, Spring 2011)
- Survival Analysis (Stat 5454, Fall 2010)
- Longitudinal Data Analysis (Stat 5594, Spring 2010)
- Survival Analysis (Stat 5454, Fall 2009)
- Reliability Data Analysis; Engineering Statistics
- Survival Analysis; Biomedical Statistics
- Spatial Data Analysis; Epidemiology
- Hong, Y. and Meeker, W. Q. (2013), Field-Failure Predictions Based on Failure-time Data with Dynamic Covariate Information, Technometrics, in press, available online: DOI:10.1080/00401706.2013.765324.
- Yang, Q., Zhang, N., and Hong, Y. (2013), Statistical Reliability Analysis of Repairable Systems with Dependent Component Failures under Partially Perfect Repair Assumption, IEEE Transactions on Reliability, in press.
- Hong, Y. (2013), On Computing the Distribution Function for the Poisson Binomial Distribution, Computational Statistics and Data Analysis, Vol. 59, pp. 41-51.
- Hong, Y. and Meeker, W. Q. (2013), Confidence Interval Procedures for System Reliability and Applications to Competing Risks Models, Lifetime Data Analysis, in press, available online: DOI: 10.1007/s10985-013-9245-9.
- Yang, Q., Hong, Y., Chen, Y., and Shi, J. (2012), Failure Profile Analysis of a Single Repairable System Using Trend-renewal Process, IEEE Transactions on Reliability, Vol. 61, pp. 180-191.
- Al-Khalidi, H. R., Hong, Y., Fleming, T. R., and Therneau, T. (2011), Insights on the Robust Standard Error Under Recurrent Events Model, Biometrics, Vol. 67, pp. 1564-1572.
- Hong, Y. and Meeker, W. Q. (2011), The Importance of Identifying Different Components of a Mixture Distribution in the Prediction of Field Returns. Applied Stochastic Models in Business and Industry, Vol. 27, pp. 280-289.
- Hong, Y., Ma, H., and Meeker, W. Q. (2010), A Tool for Evaluating Time-Varying-Stress Accelerated Life Test Plans with Log-Location-Scale Distributions. IEEE Transactions on Reliability, Vol. 59, pp. 620-627.
- Hong, Y. and Meeker, W. Q. (2010), Field-Failure and Warranty Prediction Using Auxiliary Use-rate Data. Technometrics, Vol. 52, pp. 148-159.
- Hong, Y., Escobar, L. A., and Meeker, W. Q. (2010), Coverage Probabilities of Simultaneous Confidence Bands and Regions for Log-Location-Scale Distributions, Statistic & Probability Letters, Vol. 80, pp. 733-738.
- Escobar, L. A., Hong, Y., and Meeker, W. Q. (2009), Simultaneous Confidence Bands and Regions for Log-Location-Scale Distributions with Censored Data, Journal of Statistical Planning and Inference, Vol. 139, No. 9, pp. 3231-3245.
- Hong, Y., Meeker, W. Q., and McCalley, J. D. (2009), Prediction Intervals for Remaining Life of Power Transformers Based on Left Truncated and Right Censored Lifetime Data, The Annals of Applied Statistics, Vol. 3, No. 2, pp. 857-879.
- Meeker, W. Q., Escobar, L. A., and Hong, Y. (2009), Using Accelerated Life Tests Results to Predict Product Field Reliability, Technometrics, Vol. 51, No. 2, pp. 146-161.
- Hong, Y., Meeker, W. Q., and Escobar, L. A. (2008), The Relationship Between Confidence Intervals for Failure Probabilities and Life Time Quantiles, IEEE Transactions on Reliability, Vol. 57, No. 2, pp. 260-266.
- Hong, Y., Meeker, W. Q., and Escobar, L. A. (2008), Avoiding Problems with Normal Approximation Confidence Intervals for Probabilities, Technometrics, Vol. 50, No. 1, pp. 64-68.
213 Hutcheson Hall (MC 0439)
250 Drillfield Drive