- Ph.D. in Statistics
University of Connecticut, Storrs, CT, 2007
Dissertation title: Modelling Genetic Data using Bayesian Hierarchical Models
- Ph.D. in Transportation Engineering
University of Connecticut, Storrs, CT, 2010
Dissertation title: Nationwide Freight Generation Models
- M.S. Transportation Economics and Management
Tongji University, Shanghai, China, 2000
- B.S. Highway and Traffic Engineering
Tongji University, Shanghai, China, 1995
Honors and Awards
- 58th “Most Talked About” Academic Study in 2014, (more than 70 news including CBS, NBC, NPR, Associated Press, Fox News, and Routers) Altmetric.com 2014
- Chair, Transportation Statistics Interest group of American Statistical Association. 2016-current
- Associate Editor, Sankhya Series B. 2016-current
- 2015 Taylor Technical Talent Award, “Impact of Roadway Lighting on Crash Safety” Ronald Gibbons, Feng Guo, Alejandra Medina, Travis Terry, Jianhe Du, Paul Lutkevich, Qing Li
- Best Poster Award: “Senior Fitness-to-Drive Evaluation using Naturalistic Driving Study Data”, Feng Guo, Youija Fang, Jonathan Antin, The Fourth International Symposium on Naturalistic Driving Study
- Section on Bayesian Statistical Science best student paper award, Joint Statistical Meeting, Salt Lake City, 2007
- Gottfried Noether Award, University of Connecticut, For excellence in mathematical statistics, January 2004
- Graduate Predoctoral Fellowship, University of Connecticut, 2004
- American Statistical Association
- Mu Sigma Rho national statistical honor society
- International Chinese Statistical Association
- Co-Chair, Data Analysis Committee. SAE Crash Data Collection and Analysis
- Vice-Chair, Transportation Statistics Interest group of American Statistical Association.
- Member of the Transportation Research Board Committee on Statistical Methods, (ABJ80)
- Member of the Transportation Research Board Committee on Safety Data, Analysis, and Evaluation (ANB20)
- National Academy of Sciences Panel Study on Research Methodologies and Statistical Approaches to Understanding Driver Fatigue Factors in Motor Carrier Safety and Driver Health.
- Member of the Transportation Research Board Subcommittee on Traffic Surrogate Measures
- Bayesian Models
- Transportation Safety Modeling
- Spatial Statistics
- Generalized Linear Models
- Guo, F. 2019 . “Statistical methods for naturalistic driving studies.” Annual Review of Statistics and Its Application. Vol. 6, pp. 309–328
- Guo, F., I. Kim, and S. G. Klauer. 2019. “Semiparametric Bayesian models for evaluating time-variant driving risk factors using naturalistic driving data and case-crossover approach.” Statistics in Medicine. 8:160–174.
- Guo, F., S. G. Klauer, Y. Fang, J. M. Hankey, J. F. Antin, M. A. Perez, S. E. Lee, and T. A. Dingus. 2017. "The effects of age on crash risk associated with driver distraction." International Journal of Epidemiology no. 46 (1):258-265.
- Dingus, T. A., F. Guo, S. Lee, J. F. Antin, M. Perez, M. Buchanan-King, and J. Hankey. 2016. "Driver crash risk factors and prevalence evaluation using naturalistic driving data." Proceedings of the National Academy of Sciences of the United States of America no. 113 (10):2636-2641.
- Guo, F., Y. J. Fang, and J. F. Antin. 2015. "Older driver fitness-to-drive evaluation using naturalistic driving data." Journal of Safety Research no. 54:49-54.
- Ouimet, M. C., T. G. Brown, F. Guo, S. G. Klauer, B. G. Simons-Morton, Y. J. Fang, S. E. Lee, C. Gianoulakis, and T. A. Dingus. 2014. "Higher Crash and Near-Crash Rates in Teenaged Drivers With Lower Cortisol Response An 18-Month Longitudinal, Naturalistic Study." JAMA Pediatrics no. 168 (6):517-522.
- Klauer, S. G.·, F. Guo·, B. G. Simons-Morton, M. C. Ouimet, S. E. Lee, and T. A. Dingus. 2014. "Distracted Driving and Risk of Road Crashes among Novice and Experienced Drivers." New England Journal of Medicine no. 370 (1):54-59.
Equally contributing authors
Rank 58 of all academic studies that received the most attention in 2014 with 72 media reports (https://www.altmetric.com/top100/2014/)
- Simons-Morton, B. G., F. Guo, S. G. Klauer, J. P. Ehsani and A. K. Pradhan (2014). "Keep Your Eyes on the Road: Young Driver Crash Risk Increases According to Duration of Distraction." Journal of Adolescent Health 54(5, Supplement): S61-S67.
- Guo, F., B. G. Simons-Morton, S. E. Klauer, M. C. Ouimet, T. A. Dingus, and S. E. Lee. 2013. "Variability in Crash and Near-Crash Risk among Novice Teenage Drivers: A Naturalistic Study." Journal of Pediatrics no. 163 (6):1670-1676.
- Guo, F., and Y. J. Fang. 2013. "Individual driver risk assessment using naturalistic driving data." Accident Analysis and Prevention no. 61:3-9.
- Guo, F., X. S. Wang, and M. A. Abdel-Aty. 2010. "Modeling signalized intersection safety with corridor-level spatial correlations." Accident Analysis and Prevention no. 42 (1):84-92.
- Guo, F., H. Rakha, and S. Park. 2010. "Multistate Model for Travel Time Reliability." Transportation Research Record (2188):46-54.
- Guo, F., S. G. Klauer, J. M. Hankey, and T. A. Dingus. 2010. "Near Crashes as Crash Surrogate for Naturalistic Driving Studies." Transportation Research Record (2147):66-74.
- Guo, F., D. K. Dey, and K. E. Holsinger. 2009. "A Bayesian Hierarchical Model for Analysis of Single-Nucleotide Polymorphisms Diversity in Multilocus, Multipopulation Samples." Journal of the American Statistical Association no. 104 (485):142-154.