Frederick W. Faltin
- Director of Corporate Partnerships for the Academy of Integrated Science
- M.S. in Operations Research, Cornell University
- M.S. in Mathematical Statistics, Cornell University
- S.B. Mathematics, Massachusetts Institute of Technology
- Fellow, American Statistical Association (ASA)
- Shewell Prize, American Society for Quality
- Faltin (2020), Differing Customer and Supplier Perceptions of Defect Rates, Quality Progress, to appear.
- Woodall & Faltin (2019), Rethinking Control Chart Design and Evaluation, Quality Engineering, 31 (4), 596-605, October, 2019.
- Kenett, Ruggeri, and Faltin, eds. (2018), Analytic Methods in Systems and Software Testing, John Wiley & Sons, Hoboken, NJ.
- Crichton and Faltin (2018), Making CPV a Proactive Component of Process and Product Improvement, Pharmaceutical Engineering, 38 (4), 49-55, July-August, 2018.
- Faltin and Opitz (2017), Blueprint for Success: Applying FMEA to Capital Projects in Architecture & Construction, Six Sigma Forum Magazine, 16 (4), 12-20, August, 2017.
- Faltin (2017), Sampling Bias in Business and Life, Quality Digest, (https://www.qualitydigest.com/inside/statistics-article/sampling-bias-business-and-life-041717.html).
- Faltin (2017), Discussion of Woodall, Bridging the Gap between Theory and Practice in Basic Statistical Process Monitoring, Quality Engineering, 29, 16-17.
- Faltin, Kenett, and Ruggeri, eds. (2012), Statistical Methods in Healthcare, John Wiley & Sons, Chichester, UK.
- Ruggeri, Kenett, and Faltin, eds. (2007), Encyclopedia of Statistics in Quality & Productivity, John Wiley & Sons, Chichester, UK.
- Faltin and Faltin (2003), Toe the Line: No More WorldComs, Quality Progress, 36(1), 29-35.
- Faltin (2003), What Does It Take to Be a Master Black Belt?, Six Sigma Forum Magazine, 2 (3).
- Gur-Ali, Faltin, and Doganaksoy (1998), System and Method for Estimating a Change Point Time in a Manufacturing Process, US Patent 5,841,676.
- Gur-Ali, Bopp, and Faltin (1997), Quantifying Risks Involved in Plastics Recycling, Proceedings of the Society of Plastics Engineers 55th Annual Technical Conference, 3123-3127.
- Faltin, Mastrangelo, Runger, and Ryan (1997), Considerations in the Monitoring of Autocorrelated and Independent Data, Journal of Quality Technology, 29, 131-133.
- Faltin (1997), Where Now for SPC?, Journal of Quality Technology, 29, 149-150.
- Faltin and Woodall (1996), An Overview and Perspective on Control Charting, chapter in Statistical Applications in Process Control, Keats and Montgomery, eds., Marcel Dekker, New York.
- Faltin, Hahn, Tucker, and Vander Wiel (1993), Algorithmic Statistical Process Control: Some Practical Observations, International Statistical Review, 61, 67-80.
- Tucker, Faltin, and Vander Wiel (1993), Algorithmic Statistical Process Control: An Elaboration, Technometrics, 35, 363-375.
- Vander Wiel, Tucker, Faltin, and Doganaksoy (1992), Algorithmic Statistical Process Control: Concepts and an Application, Technometrics, 34, 286-297.
- Faltin and Tucker (1991), On-Line Quality Control for the Factory of the ‘90’s and Beyond, chapter in Statistical Process Control in Manufacturing, Keats and Montgomery, eds., Marcel Dekker, New York.
- Faltin and Woodall (1991), Discussion of Montgomery and Mastrangelo, Some Statistical Process Control Methods for Autocorrelated Data, Journal of Quality Technology, 23, 194-197.
- Doganaksoy, Faltin, and Tucker (1991), Identification of Out of Control Quality Characteristics in a Multivariate Manufacturing Environment, Communications in Statistics: Theory and Methods, 20(9), 2775-2790.
- Faltin, Hahn, and Tucker (1990), Discussion of Lucas and Saccucci, Exponentially Weighted Moving Average Control Schemes: Properties and Enhancements, Technometrics, 32, 19-20.
- Bergman, Cox, DePriest, and Faltin (1990), Effect of Process Variations on Incandescent Lamp Performance, Journal of the Illuminating Engineering Society, 19, 132-141.
- Faltin and Hahn (1987), Discussion of Cleveland and McGill, Graphical Perception: The Visual Decoding of Quantitative Information on Graphical Displays of Data, Journal of the Royal Statistical Society, Series A, 150, 211-224.
- Ricci, Swaintek, and FW Faltin (1985), The Complementary Roles of Amine Catalysts and Applied Statistics in HR Molded Foam Quality Improvement, Journal of Cellular Plastics, 21 (2), 114-119.
- Patarcity, Ziv, and Faltin (1983), Statistical Approach to Custom Catalyst Design for High Density, All Water Blown Urethane Foam, Journal of Cellular Plastics, 19 (4), 216-220.
- Faltin and McCulloch (1983), On the Small-Sample Properties of the Olkin-Sobel-Tong Estimator of the Probability of Correct Selection, Journal of the American Statistical Association, 78, 464-467.
- Process monitoring and control
- Manufacturing and service process improvement
- Risk management
- CMDA 4864 - Senior capstone course for Computational Modeling and Data Analytics
- STAT 4214 Advanced Methods of Regression
Follow Statistics at Virginia Tech
Professor & Director of Corporate Partnerships for the Academy of Integrated Science
416A Hutcheson Hall