Ronald D. Fricker, Jr.
Statistics Department Head
- Ph.D. in Statistics, Yale University, 1997
- M.A. in Statistics, Yale University, 1994
- M.S. in Operations Research, The George Washington University, 1991
- B.S. with Merit in Mathematics, United States Naval Academy, 1982
- Fellow, American Statistical Association (ASA)
- Elected Member, International Statistical Institute (ISI)
- Member, Institute of Mathematical Statistics (IMS)
- Quality control and statistical process control
- Statistical methods for biosurveillance
- Survey design and analysis
- Data analytics and data science
Fricker, R.D., Jr., Introduction to Statistical Methods for Biosurveillance, with an Emphasis on Syndromic Surveillance, Cambridge University Press, 2013.
- Yang, J.H., Q. Kennedy, J. Sullivan, and R.D. Fricker, Jr. Pilot Performance: Assessing How Scan Patterns & Navigational Assessments Vary by Flight Expertise, Aviation, Space and Environmental Medicine, 84:2, 1-9, 2013.
- Ruth, D.M., Mastre, T., and R.D. Fricker, Jr. A Study of Mobile Learning Trends at the US Naval Academy and the Naval Postgraduate School, EduCAUSE Review Online, 2013.
- Fricker, R.D., Jr., and D. Banschbach. Optimizing Biosurveillance Systems that Use Threshold-based Event Detection Methods, Information Fusion, 13, 117-128, 2012.
- Hagen, K.S., R.D. Fricker, Jr., K. Hanni, S. Barnes, and K. Michie. Assessing the Early Aberration Reporting System's Ability to Locally Detect the 2009 Influenza Pandemic, Statistics, Politics, and Policy, 2, issue 1, article 1, 2011.
- Fricker, R.D., Jr., Biosurveillance: Detecting, Tracking, and Mitigating the Effects of Natural Disease and Bioterrorism. Encyclopedia of Operations Research and the Management Sciences, 2011. Available on-line at http://onlinelibrary.wiley.com/book/10.1002/9780470400531
- Fricker, R.D., Jr., Some Methodological Issues in Biosurveillance (with discussion and rejoinder), Statistics in Medicine, Statistics in Medicine, 30, 403-441, 2011.
- Hamrick, T.A., Fricker, R.D., Jr., and G.G. Brown. Assessing What Distinguishes Highly Cited from Less-Cited Papers Published in Interfaces, Interfaces, 40, 454-464, 2010.
- Fricker, R.D., Jr., Optimizing Shewhart Charts in Parallel Production Lines, International Journal of Quality Engineering and Technology, 1, pp. 125-135, 2009.
- Fricker, R.D., Jr., and J.T. Chang, A Spatio-temporal Methodology for Real-time Biosurveillance, Quality Engineering, 20, pp. 465-477, 2008.