Anne G. Ryan Driscoll
Assistant Professor of Practice
- B.S., Emory & Henry College, 2006 (Mathematics and Physics)
- M.S., Virginia Tech, 2007 (Statistics)
- Ph.D., Virginia Tech, 2011 (Statistics)
Awards & Honors
- Jesse C. Arnold Award for Excellence in Teaching, Virginia Tech, 2010-2011
- Rose Costain Award for Outstanding Departmental Citizenship, Virginia Tech, 2010
- Ellis R. Ott National Scholarship, 2010
- Joint Research Conference Student Scholarship, 2010
- Minitab Fellowship, 2006-2007
- Snavely Senior Prize (Highest GPA in Senior Class), Emory & Henry College, 2006
- Byars Medal in Science (Highest GPA in Science), Emory & Henry College, 2006
- Intercollegiate Tennis Association Scholar-Athlete, 2004, 2005
- American Statistical Association, 2007-present
- American Society for Quality, 2011-present
- Mu Sigma Rho Honor Society, President, 2008-2009; Vice President, 2010-2011
- Referee, Journal of Quality Technology; Statistics and Probability Letters; Communications in Statistics, International Journal of Production Economics
- Member of Conference Organizing Committee, 2011 Quality and Productivity Research Conference
- Statistical Process Control
- Healthcare Surveillance
- Industrial Statistics
- Ryan, A. G. and Woodall, W. H. (2010). "Control Charts for Poisson Count Data with Varying Sample Sizes". Journal of Quality Technology 42, pp. 260-275.
- Ryan, A. G.; Wells, L. J.; and Woodall, W. H. (2011). "Methods for Monitoring Multiple Proportions When Inspecting Continuously". Journal of Quality Technology 43, pp. 237-248.
- Leonardi, A. D.; Keane, N. J.; Bir, C. A.; Ryan, A. G.; Xu, L.; and VandeVord, P. J. (2012). “Head Orientation Affects the Intracranial Pressure Response Resulting from Shock Wave Loading
in the Rat”. Journal of Biomechanics, http://dx.doi.org/10.1016/j.jbiomech.2012.08.024.
- Freeman, L. J.; Ryan, A. G.; Kensler, J. L. K.; Dickinson, R. M.; and Vining, G. G. (2012). “A Tutorial on the Planning of Experiments.” Submitted to Quality Engineering.
- Woodall, W. H. and Ryan, A. G. (2013). “Some Recent Results on Monitoring the Rate of a Rare Event.”. Paper to be presented at The International Workshop on Intelligent Statistical Quality Control, Sydney, Australia, 20-23 August. To be published in conference proceedings.