Students, please take note:
- Ph.D. in Mathematical and Computer Sciences, Colorado School of Mines, Golden, CO, 2013
- Dissertation: "Bayes Risk A-optimal Experimental Design Methods For Ill-posed Inverse Problems."
- Advisor: Dr. Luis Tenorio
- M.S. in Mathematics with Operations Research and Statistics Option, New Mexico Institute of Mining and Technology, Socorro, NM, 2007
- Thesis: "Seismic Moment Rate Function Inversions from Very Long Period Signals Associated with Strombolian Eruptions at Mount Erebus, Antarctica."
- Advisor: Dr. Brian Borchers
- B.S. in Mathematics, New Mexico Institute of Mining and Technology, Socorro, NM, 2005
- B.S. in Physics, New Mexico Institute of Mining and Technology, Socorro, NM, 2002
- Spring 2016-Present, Virginia Tech Undergraduate Advisor in Statistics
- Fall 2016-Present, Member of the Statistics Department Undergraduate Program Committee
- Fall 2016-Present, Member of the Statistics Department Diversity Committee
- American Statistical Association
- Society for Industrial and Applied Mathematics
- CMDA 2006: Integrated Quantitative Science II
- CMDA/STAT/CS 3654: Introduction to Data Analytics & Visualization
- STAT 3615: Biological Statistics for Neuroscience Majors I
- STAT 3616: Biological Statistics for Neuroscience Majors II
- STAT 5615: Statistics in Research I
I am a computational mathematician and statistician. My interests include the following general areas:
- Inverse Problems
- Uncertainty Quantification
- Machine Learning
- Computational and Statistical Methodology
- Statistical Applications in Scientific Fields
- L. Tenorio, C. Lucero, V. Ball, and L. Horesh. "Experimental design in the context of Tikhonov regularized inverse problems." Statistical Modeling. October 2013, Vol 13 (5 & 6): 481-507.
- E. Haber, Z. Magnant, C. Lucero, and L. Tenorio. "Numerical methods for A-optimal designs with a sparsity constraint for ill-posed inverse problems." Computational Optimization and Applications., Springer Netherlands, April 2011.
- Rowe, C., W. Phillips, M. Maceira, M. Begnaud, L. Steck, X. Yang, C. Lucero, H. Hartse, R. Stead, K. Mackey, K. Fujita, and C. Ammon (2007). "Geophysical Imaging of Asia and Siberia: Tomography for Seismic Velocity, Upper Mantle Gradient, Lg Attenuation, and Joint Inversion of Surface Wave Dispersion, Receiver Functions and Satellite Gravity Data." 27th Monitoring Research Review (MRR2007), Denver, CO, Sept. 25-27, 2007.