Professor Emeritus, 1966-1999
- Elected Fellow, American Statistical Association, 1983
- Elected Fellow, International Statistical Institute, 1985
- Elected Fellow, American Association for the Advancement of Science, 1987
- Former department head (1982-1993)
- Past editor: Biometrics (1990-1993)
- Past editor: Current Index to Statistics (1995-1999)
- Fellow of ASA and AAAS
- Elected Member of ISI
- Biometric Society
- Institute of Mathematical Statistics
- American Statistical Association
- Virginia Academy of Science
- Society for Clinical Trials
- International Statistical Institute
- American Association for the Advancement of Science
- Sigma Xi
- Phi Kappa Phi
- Mu Sigma Rho
- Experimental design
- Linear hypothesis
- Analysis of variance
- Genetic statistics
- Statistical methods
- Genetic statistics
- Hinkelmann, K. (ed.) (2012). Design and Analysis of Experiments, Vol.3: Special Designs and Applications, xxvii + 555pp, Wiley, Hoboken, NJ.
- Hinkelmann, K. and O.Kempthorne (2008). Design and Analysis of Experiments, Vol.1: Introduction to Experimental Design; 2nd edition, xxiv + 631pp, Wiley-Interscience, New York.
- Hinkelmann, K. and O. Kempthorne (2005). Design and Analysis of Experiments, Vol. 2: Advanced Experimental Design, xii+780pp, Wiley-Interscience, New York.
- Hinkelmann, K. (2001). Remembering Oscar Kempthorne (1919 - 2000). Statistical Science 16, 169 - 183.
- Hinkelmann, K. and Jill S. Alcorn (1998). Randomization analysis of replicated complete block designs. Journal of Combinatorics, Information and System Sciences, 23, 317-332.
- Hinkelmann, K. and Jinnam Jo (1998). Linear trend-free Box-Behnken designs. Journal of Statistical Planning and Inference, 72, 34-354.
- Singh, M. and K. Hinkelmann (1998). Analysis of partial diallel crosses in incomplete blocks. Biometrical Journal, 40, 165-181.
- Hinkelmann, Klaus, Michael Wichura, and Ronald Thisted (Eds.) (2000). Current Index to Statistics, Volume 24, (1998).
- Singh, M. and K. Hinkelmann (1995). Partial diallel crosses in incomplete blocks. Biometrics 51, 1302-1314.
- Hinkelmann, K. and O. Kempthorne (1994). Design and Analysis of Experiments, Vol. 1: Introduction to Experimental Design, Wiley, New York.