Virginia Tech® home

Minor in Statistics

How to Add/Change a Statistics Minor

The department of Statistics accepts and processes requests for minors at any time.

To add or change a Statistics minor, you must download and complete the Change of Major/Minor Form. If you would like to schedule an appointment with an academic advisor to make a plan for enrolling in those courses, then follow the steps below.

Steps to schedule an appointment with Brandy Respess:

  1. Login to Navigate
  2. Click Schedule an Appointment
  3. Select Advising
  4. Select Explore Minors
  5. Select Explore Statistics Minor

Once you have met with an advisor (if needed), you must submit the Change of Major/Minor form to the Statistics Document Submission Portal so that it can be signed and sent to the College of Science Dean’s Office for processing.

Important Information to Note:

  • Students are responsible for reading the course descriptions and the course duplications section to avoid taking a course for which credit is not allowed.
  • An overall GPA of 2.0 or higher must be attained in the courses counting toward the minor.