How to Apply: DAAS - Blacksburg
Students will be admitted to the program through the Graduate School using the same process used by the Department of Statistics.
Admission to the Graduate School is contingent upon:
- receipt of a bachelor's degree from an accredited college or university
- an undergraduate cumulative grade point average of 3.00 or higher on a 4.0 base for the equivalent of the last 2 years of undergraduate study. Exceptions may be made to this rule upon recommendation of the department, providing that the applicant can present other substantial evidence of his or her ability to pursue graduate work at a satisfactory level
- Graduate Record Examination - Q GRE score of 700 or greater (or greater than 150 using the new scoring system)
- three letters of recommendation
- International applicants whose first language is not English must submit TOEFL scores of 550 (paper) or 213 (computer), except those applicants who have graduated from an accredited university where English is the language of instruction. IELTS (International English Language Testing System) is also accepted; a 6.5 minimum score is required