Course Request, Course Add and Change of Major Policy
As determined by the VT Registrar, students may schedule courses during the following:
- Course Request: 1 week to request courses during the semester before classes begin
- Course Add 1: 1 month to add courses during the semester before classes begin, and
- Course Add 2: Approximately 2-4 weeks to add courses directly before classes begin
During Course Request, Course Add 1, and Course Add 2, the Department of Statistics enforces all prerequisites and the following restrictions.
- During the Course Request Period, registration is open to statistics majors only.
- During the first week of Course Add 1, registration is open to statistics majors only.
- During the second and third week of Course Add 1, registration is open to statistics majors, minors, and actuarial science minors.
- During the last week of Course Add 1 registration is unrestricted.
- During Course Add 2 registration is unrestricted.
- This policy pertains to the following STAT courses:
3005a, 3006, 3094, 3104, 4004, 4024, 4105b, 4106, 4204c, 4214c, 4584, 3504, 4364, 4444, 4504, 4514, 4214, 4534d, 4804
a. One section in the fall
b. Fall only
c. One section in both fall and spring
d. Actuarial Science minors and Statistics majors have equal access to STAT 4534
Become a Statistics Major!
To become a Statistics major, you must meet with a Statistics Academic Advisor during the times listed on the registrar's website: