Director and Professor of Statistics, Social and Decision Analytics Laboratory, Virginia Bioinformatics Institute
- Ph.D., Statistics, Iowa State University of Science and Technology, 1983
M.S., Mathematics, University of South Florida, 1979
- B.S., Mathematics, University of South Florida, 1977
Awards & Honors
- Elected Member of International Statistical Institute, 2012
- Jerome Sacks Award for Outstanding Cross-Disciplinary Research, National Institute of Statistical Sciences, 2010
- John V. Atanasoff Research and Discovery Award, Iowa State University, 2009
- Fellow of the American Association for the Advancement of Science, 2005
- Founder's Award, American Statistical Association, 2002
- National Associate of the National Academy of Sciences, 2002
- Fellow of the American Statistical Association, 1997
- Director's Award for Outstanding Program Management, National Science Foundation, 1996
- American Statistical Association (ASA)
- Institute of Mathematical Statistics (IMS)
- Statistical Society of Canada (SSC)
- International Statistical Institute (ISI)
- Society of Industrial and Applied Mathematics (SIAM)
- American Association for the Advancement of Science (AAAS)
- Sigma Xi, Phi Kappa Phi, Pi Mu Epsilon, Mu Sigma Rho
- Social and Decisions Analytics
- Science of big data
- Uncertainty quantification
- Computational and graphical statistics and related software and modeling techniques
- Data access and confidentiality
- National Research Council, 2012. Managing for High Quality Science and Engineering at the NNSA National Security Laboratories, prepared by committee (S. Keller member), National Academy Press.
- S. Keller, S. Koonin, S. Shipp, 2012. Big data and city living – what can it do for us? Significance, 9(4):4-7.
- S. Keller, 2010. Vital Statistics, Nature, 467:914.
- National Research Council, 2008. Evaluation of Quantification of Margins and Uncertainties Methodology for Assessing and Certifying the Reliability of the Nuclear Stockpile, prepared by committee (S. Keller-McNulty member), National Academy Press.
- D. M. Steinburg, S. Bisgaard, S. Doganaksoy N. Fisher, B. Gunter, G. Hahn, S. Keller-McNulty, J. Kettenring, W.Q. Meeker, D. C. Montgomery, 2008. The Future of Industrial Statistics: A Panel Discussion. Technometrics, 50(2):103-127.
- S. Keller-McNulty, 2007. From Data to Policy: Scientific Excellence is our Future. Journal of the American Statistical Association, 102(478):395-399.
- S. Keller-McNulty, 2006. Editor of Special Issue on Reliability. Statistical Sciences, 21.
- B. Williams, D. Higdon, J. Gattiker, L. Moore, M. McKay, and S. Keller-McNulty, 2006. Combining Experimental Data and Computer Simulations with an Application to Flyer Plate Experiments. Bayesian Analysis, 1, Number 4, pp. 765-792.
- National Research Council, 2006. Defense Modeling, Simulation, and Analysis: Meeting the Challenge, prepared by the BMSA Committee on Modeling, Simulation, and Analysis in Support of Defense Transformation (S. Keller-McNulty chair), National Academy Press.
- S. Keller-McNulty, C. Nakhleh, and N. Singpurwalla, 2005. A Paradigm for Masking (Camouflaging) Information. International Statistics Reviews, 73(3):331-349.
- Y. Armijo, N. Limnios, S. Keller-McNulty and A. Wilson, 2005. Modern Statistical and Mathematical Methods in Reliability. Edited volume from the 2004 international symposium on Mathematical Methods in Reliability, World Scientific Press.
- S. Keller-McNulty, G. D. Wilson, and A.G. Wilson, 2005. Impact of Technology on the Scientific Method, with discussion. Chance, 18(4):4-16.
- D. Higdon, B. Williams, L. Moore, M. McKay, and S. Keller-McNulty, 2004. Uncertainty Quantification for Combining Experimental Data and Computer Simulations. Proceedings of the Foundations '04: A Workshop for VV&A in the 21st Century. Taken from the keynote lecture by S. Keller-McNulty at the Foundations ’04 Workshop, Tempe, Arizona.
- J.J. Higgins and S. Keller-McNulty, 1995. Introduction to Probability and Systems Modelling. Duxbury Press, Boston, Massachusetts.