Christopher T. Franck
Assistant Research Professor
- Assistant Director of LISA (Laboratory for Interdisciplinary Statistical Analysis)
- Assistant Professor - Virginia Tech Carilion School of Medicine
- Ph.D. in Statistics, North Carolina State University, Raleigh, NC, 2010
Thesis: Mixture Based Interaction Effects in Unreplicated Factorial Experiments
Advisor: Jason Osborne, Associate Professor of Statistics, North Carolina State University
- M.Stat. in Statistics, North Carolina State University, Raleigh, NC, 2007
- B.S. in Statistics, Virginia Tech, Blacksburg, VA, 2005
Awards & Honors
- Inducted into Sigma Xi, the Scientific Research Honor Society, Spring 2012
- Francis G. Giesbrecht Statistical Consulting Enhancement Award,
North Carolina State University, Spring 2010
- Outstanding Teaching Assistant Award, Department of Statistics,
North Carolina State University, Spring 2008, 2009
- Paige Plagge Award for Citizenship, Department of Statistics, North
Carolina State University, Spring 2008
- Recipient of VIGRE Fellowship, North Carolina State University, Summer 2007
- Inducted into Mu Sigma Rho: National Statistical Honor Society -
Virginia Tech chapter, November 2004
- American Statistical Association
- June 2007-Present, Medical Curriculum Committee for Virginia Tech Carilion School of Medicine
- Oct 2012-Present, College of Science Communication Committee
- 5014: Introduction to Statistical Program Packages
- Design of experiments and statistical applications in fields such as biology, bioinformatics, and medicine.
- Highnam G, Franck CT, Martin A, Calvin S, Puthige A, Mittelman D. Accurate human microsatellite genotypes from high-throughput resequencing data using informed error profiles. Nucleic Acids Research, EPub 2012.
- Zhou L, Franck CT, Yang K, Pilot G, Heath LS, Grene R. Mining for meaning: visualization approaches to deciphering arabidopsis stress responses in roots and shoots. OMICS, 2012 Apr; 16(4): 208-28.
- Gupta PK, Franck CT, Miller WJ, Gupta H, Forse RA. Development and validation of a bariatric surgery morbidity risk calculator using the prospective, multicenter NSQIP dataset. Journal of the American College of Surgeons, 2011 Mar; 212(3): 301-9.
- Serenari C, Leung Y, Attarian A, Franck CT. Understanding environmentally significant behavior among whitewater rafting and trekking guides in the Garhwal Himalaya, India. Journal of Sustainable Tourism, 2012 June; 20(5): 757-772.
- Nichols TC, Franck HWG, Franck CT, DeFriess N, Raymer RA, Merricks EP. Sensitivity of whole blood clotting time and activated partial thromboplastin time for canine factor IX: relevance to gene therapy and determination of post-transfusion elimination time of canine factor IX in canine hemophilia B. Journal of Thrombosis and Haemostasis, 2012 Mar; 10: 474-476.
- Beeman SM, Kemper AR, Madigan ML, Franck CT, Loftus SC. Occupant kinematics in low-speed frontal sled tests. Accident Analysis & Prevention, 2012 July; 47: 128-139.
- Bickel WK, Jarmolowicz DP, Mueller ET, Franck CT, Carrin C, Gatchalian KM. Altruism in time: social temporal discounting dierentiates smokers from problem drinkers. Psychopharmacology, 2012 Nov; 224(1): 109-20.
- Jarmolowicz DP, Bickel WK, Carter AE, Franck CT, Mueller ET. Using crowdsourcing to examine relations between delay and probability discounting. Behavioural Processes, 2012 Nov; 91(3): 308-312.
- Nikkhoo P, Sanderford AR, McCoy AP, Koebel CT, Franck CT, Rahmandad H. Adoption of innovative products in the US housing industry: builders practices 2000-2010. Residential Building Design and Construction Conference, February 20-21, 2013, Bethlehem, PA.