- Ph.D. in Statistics, Texas A&M University, Aug. '02
Major Advisor: Raymond J. Carroll.
- M.S in Applied Statistics, Yonsei University, Korea, Feb. '96
- B.S. in Mathematics, Jeju National University, Korea, Feb. '94
- 2012-present - Associate Professor, Virginia Tech
- 2007-2012 - Assistant Professor, Virginia Tech
- 2005-2007 - Post-doctoral Associate, Yale University
Awards & Honors
- Biometrics Editor's invited paper for JSM 2007
- American Statistical Association
- International Biometric Society
- Sigma Xi
- Korean International Statistical Society (KISS)
- Program committee in Bioinformatics 2010-present ("International conference on Bioinformatics Models, Methods and Algorithms")
- Reviewer for NSF career proposals in 2009, 2010
- Associate Editor (2012-present) for Communications for Statistical Applications and Methods
- Reviewer for American Journal of Veterinary Research, Biometrics, Bioinformatics, Cryptographic Hardware and Embedded Systems, IEEE Transactions on Reliability, Journal of Computational and Graphical Statistics, Journal of Econometrics, Journal of Non-parametric Statistics
- Semiparametric/Nonparametric modeling using regression/smoothing splines
- Nonlinear/linear mixed effect modeling
- Bayesian modeling and computation
- Biostatistics (Biology, Environmental Health, Epidemiology and Toxicology, Survival analysis)
- Bioinformatics (Functional Genomics, System Biology, Proteomics)
- Z. Fang and I. Kim* (2015). Bayesian Ising Graphical Model for Variable Selection. Journal of Computational and Graphical Statistics (* corresponding author), to appear.
- C. Park and I. Kim* (2015). Efficient Resolution and Basis Selection in Wavelet Regression. Computational Statistics (* corresponding author), to appear.
- S. W., White, J. A. Richey, D. Gracanin, M. A. Bell, LaConte, S. La, Coffman, M., Trubanova, A., I. Kim (2014). The promise of neurotechnology in clinical translational science. Clinical Psychological Science, 1-19, DOI: 10.1177/2167702614549801.
- H. Zhang, I. Kim*, and C. Park (2014). Semiparametric Bayesian Hierarchical Models for Nonlinear Mixed Effects Model, with application to gastric emptying studies. Journal of Applied Statistics, 41,2743-2760 (* corresponding author).
- J. Chen, I. Kim, G. Terrell, L. Liu, and G. Toth (2014). Generalized single-index mixed model for repeated measures data. Journal of Nonparametric Statistics, 26, 291-302.
- Y. Xu, I. Kim*, and P. Schaumont (2014). Adaptive Bayes Sum Test for the Equality of Two Nonparametric Functions. Journal of Applied Statistics, 41, 2639-2657 (* corresponding author).
- H. Pang, I. Kim, and H. Zhao (2014). Random Effects Model for Multiple Pathway Analysis with Applications to Type II Diabetes Microarray Data. Statistics in Biosciences, DOI 10.1007/s12561-014-9109-1.
- H. Zhang and I. Kim* (2014). Adaptive Rejection Metropolis Simulated Annealing for Detecting Global Maximum Region. Methodology and Computing in Applied Probability, 1-19, (* corresponding author), DOI 10.1007/s11009-014-9395-6.
- I. Kim, H. Pang, and H. Zhao (2013). Statistical properties of semiparametric methods for evaluating pathway effects. Journal of Statistical Planning and Inference, 143, 745-763.
- S. White, T. Ollendick, A. Albano, D. Oswald, C. Johnson, M. Southam-Gerow, I. Kim, L. Scahill (2013). Randomized Controlled Trial: Multimodal Anxiety and Social Skill Intervention for Adolescents with Autism Spectrum Disorder. Journal of Autism and Developmental Disorders, 43, 382-394.
- C. Park, I. Kim*, and Y. Lee (2012). Error Variance Estimation in Nonparametric Regression under Lipschitz Condition and Small Sample Size. Journal of Statistical Planning and Inference, 142, 2369-2385 (* corresponding author).
- I. Kim, H. Pang, and H. Zhao (2012). Semiparametric Regression Models for Evaluating Pathway Effects on Clinical Continuous and Binary Outcomes. Statistics in Medicine, 31, 1633-1651.
- A. Maiti, I. Kim, and P. Schaumont (2012). A Robust Physical Unclonable Function with Enhanced Challenge-Response Set. IEEE Transaction on Information Forensics and Security, 7, 333-345.
- I. Kim, Cheong, H. K., and H. Kim (2011). Semiparametric regression models for detecting effect modification in matched case-crossover Studies, Statistics in Medicine, 96, 1458-1468.
- S. Ha, I. Kim*, Y. Wang, and J. Xuang (2011). Applications of Different Weighting Schemes To Improve Pathway Based Analysis, Comparative and Functional Genomics, 2011, 1-15 (* corresponding author).
- I. Kim, N. D. Cohen, A. Roussell, and N. Wang (2010). A two-component nonlinear mixed effects model for longitudinal data, with application to gastric emptying studies, Statistics in Medicine, 29, 1839-1859.
- L. Yuan, S. Honmab, I. Kim, S. I. Ishidad, J. T., Patton, A. Z., Kapikian, and Y. Hoshino (2009). Resistance to rotavirus infection in adult volunteers challenged with a virulent G1P1A,NSP4[B] virus correlated with serum IgG antibodies to homotypic VP7 and VP4, Journal of Infectious Diseases, 200, 1443-1451.
- Y. Liu, I. Kim, and H. Zhao (2008). Protein interaction prediction from diverse sources, Drug Discovery Today, 13, 409-416.
- Y. Wang and I. Kim (2008). A bootstrap-based simple probability model for classifying network traffic and detecting network intrusion, Security Journal, 21, 278-290.
- Y. Wang, M., Nathaniel, and I. Kim (2007). Proling user behavior for intrusion detection using item response modeling, Journal of Information Privacy and Security, 3, 3-17.
- I. Kim, Y. Liu and H. Zhao (2007). Bayesian methods for predicting interacting protein pairs using domain information, Biometrics, 63, 824-833. Biometrics Editor's invited paper presented at ``Biometrics Editor Invited Section'' in JSM 2007
- Y. Wang, I. Kim, G. Mbateng and S. Y. Ho (2006). A latent class modeling approach to detect network intrusion, Computer Communication, 30, 93-100.
- I. Kim, S. Lee, S. Kim, S. Rha, H. Chung and B. Kim (2006). Hotelling's T2 statistic for feature subset selection in a cDNA microarray, Bioinformatics and Biosystems, 3, 165-170.
- B. Kim, I. Kim, S. Lee, S. Kim, S. Rha and H. Chung (2005). Statistical methods of translating microarray data into clinically relevant diagnostic information in colorectal cancer, Bioinformatics, 21 (4), 517-528.
- W. S. Lim, S. L. Payne, J. F. Edwards, I. Kim, J. M. Ball (2005), Differential effects of virulent and avirulent equine infectious anemia virus on macrophage cytokine expression, Virology, 295-306.
- J. L. Cargile, J. A. Burrow, I. Kim, N. D. Cohen and A. M. Merritt (2004). Effect of dietary corn oil supplement on equine gastric acid, sodium and PGE2 content before and during pentagastrin infusion, Journal of Veterinary Internal Medicine, 18, 545-549.
- N. Metayer, M. Lhote, A. Bahr, N. D. Cohen, I. Kim, A. J. Roussel and V. Jullian (2004). Meal size and starch content affect gastric emptying in horses, Equine Veterinary Journal, 36, 436-440.
- I. Kim and N. Cohen (2004). Semiparametric and nonparametric modeling of effect modification in matched studies, Computational Statistics and Data Analysis, 46, 631-643.
- I. Kim, N. Cohen and R. J. Carroll (2003). Semiparametric regression splines in matched case-control studies, Biometrics, 59, 1158-1169.
- I. Kim, N. Cohen and R. J. Carroll (2002). Effect heterogeneity by a matching covariate in matched case-control studies: A method for graphs-based representation, American Journal of Epidemiology, 156, 463-470.
- I. Kim, A. Maiti, L. Nazhandali, P. Schaumont, V. Vivekraja, and H. Zhang (2010). From Statistics to Circuits: Foundations for future physical unclonable functions, 55-78, Towards Hardware Intrinsic Security : Foundation and Practice, edited by A. Sadeghi, Springer Information Security and Cryptography Series.
- I. Kim, Y. Liu, and H. Zhao (2009). Sparsity priors for protein-protein interaction Bayesian methods, Bayesian Modeling in Bioinformatics, Chapter 10, edited by Dipak Day, Bani K. Mallick, and Samiran Ghosh, Chapman & Hall/CRC.
- Y. Liu, I. Kim and H. Zhao (2009). Protein interaction predictions from diverse source, New Development in Biostatistics and Bioinformatics: Frontiers of Statistics, 159-178, Chapter 7, edited by Jianqing Fan, Xihong Lin, and Jun S. Liu, Chapman & Hall/CRC.
- H. Pang, I. Kim and H. Zhao (2008). Pathway-based methods for analyzing microarray Data., Analysis of Microarray Data: A Network-Based Approach, Chapter 13, edited by M. Dehmer and F. Emmert-Streib, John Wiley & Sons, Ltd.
- B. Kim, S. Lee, I. Kim, S. Kim, S. Rha and H. Chung (2004). Statistical issues in search for biomarkers of colorectal cancer using microarray experiments. Recent Advances in Quantitative Methods for Cancer and Human Health Risk Assessment, Chapter 20, edited by L. Edler and C. Kitsos, John Wiley & Sons, Ltd.