My main interests include Bayesian statistics on both a theoretical and inferential level, MCMC mixing theory, Data Augmentation for efficient simulation, large scale stochastic modeling, Visual modeling, Visual Analytics, Bayesian Data Mining connected to visual updating, statistical genetics, molecular evolution, and coalescence processes.
- Scotland C. Leman, Yuguo Chen, Jason E. Stajich, Mohamed A. F. Noor and Marcy K. Uyenoyama, "Likelihoods From Summary Statistics: Recent Divergence Between Species," Genetics 2005, Vol. 171, 1419-1436
- Scotland C. Leman 1, Marcy K. Uyenoyama, Michael Lavine and Yuguo Chen, "The Evolutionary Forest Algorithm," Bioinformatics, 2007, 23(15):1962-1968
- Levy F, Leman SC, Sarubbi FA, Walker ES, "Nosocomial transmission clusters and risk factors in Moraxella catarrhalis," Epidemiol Infect. 2008 Sep 15:1-10
- Scotland C. Leman, Yuguo Chen, Michael Lavine, "The Multiset Sampler," JASA, 2009, 104(487): 1029-1041.
- Scotland C. Leman, Foster Levy, Elaine S. Walker, "Modeling the spread of infectious disease using genetic information within a marked branching process," Statistics in Medicine, 2009, 28:3626-3642.
- Nalvo F. Almeida, Shuangchun Yan, Rongman Cai, Christopher R. Clarke, Cindy E. Morris, Norman W. Schaad, Erin L. Schuenzel, George H. Lacy, Xiaoan Sun, Jeffrey B. Jones, Jose A. Castillo, Carolee T. Bull, Scotland Leman, David S. Guttman, Jočo C. Setubal, and Boris A. Vinatzer, "PAMDB, A Multilocus Sequence Typing and Analysis Database and Website for Plant-Associated Microbes", Phytopathology, 2010, 100(3): 208-215.
- Ai Xia, Maria V. Sharakhova, Scotland C. Leman, Zhijian Tu, Jeffrey A. Bailey, Christopher D. Smith, and Igor V. Sharakhov, "Genome Landscape and Evolutionary Plasticity of Chromosomes in Malaria Mosquitoes", PLOS One, 2010, 5(5): e10592.
Bayesian Visual Analytics (BaVA); $499,307 for 2009-2012; Principal Investigator; the National Science Foundation, Computer and Communications Foundations; #0937071